Edmonton Nature Club Objectives updated ~ 2006
1. Develop an awareness of and encourage an interest in the natural environment among its members and the community through meetings, talks, workshops, study groups, field trips and publications.
2. Encourage the study of the natural environment among its members and the community by undertaking or supporting research and education projects.
3. Promote the establishment and maintenance of natural areas and nature reserves, conserve and protect species, communities and other natural features of interest, by study, investigation or management.
4. Co-operate and collaborate with groups having objectives similar
to those of the Edmonton Nature Club in order to promote the exchange of information and to encourage the representation of
The Edmonton Nature Club's views: and
5. Promote the preservation of the environment through support of natural history study groups and counts as well as materials for educational outreach programs within the Edmonton region and the Province of Alberta.