John Janzen Nature Centre
Season to visit: Year round
- Chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers (3 kinds), waxwings, pine grosbeaks and pine siskins are among the birds that can be spotted along the trail.
- Richardson’s ground squirrels scurry across the open grass near the centre.
- The centre has washroom facilities, indoor displays and the Tegler Discovery Zone for children.
- Lots of parking in the lot near the entrance to Ft Edmonton.
- For more information on the park, visit the John Janzen Nature Centre website.